Koh Kood (Koh Kood)
Koh Kood is an island of trad province which far from the coast of tard and near with Cambodia border. Koh Kood is a large island is a district of Trat Province
Koh Kood is the fourth largest island in Thailand with an area of about 105 square kilometers or 10,500 hectares. The length of the island is 25 kilometers and width 12 kilometers. This island has abundant nature With mountains and ridge which are origins stream its making waterfall on this island. Klong Chao waterfall is the best spot on this island and there is a large pool for swimming with water flowing all year.
There are 24 small islands in the kood district that divide into 3 island group
1.island group of Koh kood there are 3 island are Koh Kood, Koh Rad, Koh Mai si
2.island group of Koh Mak thre are 9 island Such as Koh mak , Koh Yarang nai , Koh Yarang nok , Koh Phe ,Koh Kham ,Koh Kardad, Koh nog Koh Nok and Koh Nai.
3. Rung island group there are 12 island Koh rung Yai, Koh rung lek
The local population is estimated at under 2,500, so there aren’t any towns on the island. But there are four main built-up areas. These are the fishing communities in Ao Salat, in the northeast and Ao Noi, in the southeast. The most of villager on Koh mak working fishing, agriculture of rubber, coconut plantation, etc.
Koh Kood in Thailand for those who like beaches, jungles, and waterfalls. making it an ideal island for exploring by scooter. Koh Kood has tourist attraction are sandy beach and emerald clear water, expect it to be quiet, even during High Season. For those who need to come to Koh Kood should be reserved in advance and contact the staff for more information.
How to get to Koh Kood
1.koh Kood privates transfer by car
For those who use private car, can take any 3 route.
- we take a car to highway road no.3 from Sukhumvit through Samutprakarn province, Chon Buri province, Pattaya, Rayong until trad province. totals of distance 385 kilometers.
- we can take the car to the highway road no. 34 form Bangna to bangprakong you can drive along highway number 3 from Sukhumvit until Chonburi province and take highway 344 Chonburi to Klang of Rayong province and turn left to take highway no .3 until Chantaburi province . total distance 318 kilometers.
- we can take supper highway road no.7 from Bangkok go to Chonburi province after that turn left to take highway 344 (Chonburi-Klang) Then turn left to take highway no 3 and keep going until Chantaburi province about 318 kilometer.
2. Bus getting to koh kood
the Government Bus have 2-way transportation by regular bus and Ac bus which will depart from Bangkok Ekkamai terminal, Sukhumvit road will have a first-class ac bus it will take time about 5 hours. these buses are all relatively new and in good condition. They provide a free snack and drink on the bus and it will also stop a couple of times during the journey .in addition, there are private bus companies to service.
- chadchai tour company
Tel : (+66) 3912237 or (+66) 023912237
trad office 039511062.
- chock anukul tour company
Tel: 02 3912237 or 023914164
trad office Tel: 039511587.
- Suparat tour company
trad office Tel: 03951481.
Mo Chit terminal have first-class bus to service passenger from Bangkok to trad in every day which bus will take motorway is main road Tel : 025378055 or 029362852-6
3. flying to trad airport for Koh Kood
Tourist can take the plan of Bangkok airway company fights from Bangkok to tard location at (khoa aiming district). this airport operates on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday for more information .
Tel: 02265555 or 022655678
trad office Tel : 039525767 or 039525299, you can check website on www.bangkokair.com ( there are shuttle car service for traveler from airport to ferry pier to across to Koh Chang).
traveling in Trad
tourists can choose various services of vehicle at trad province. airport there are Bangkok airway charter van service for tourists in various places. tourist can take shuttle minibus service from the city to leam ngop, leam sok, khoa sming, boa rai, and saen tung, etc. the shuttle minibus will be parking behind at market and besides at Krung Sri Ayutthaya bank services are operated all day, time departure at 06.00-19.00. if tourists late from time table, you must have rent minibus which can travel in the city and other district but The price depends on the distance and negotiation. at leam ngop district, there are to service the passenger to Koh Chang, Koh Kood, Koh mak, etc. in the city shuttle van ruining to Klong Yai district and ban hat lek starts at 03.00-19.00 you can take the van in front of the si trad derma theater , it will take time about 1.30 hours.
Distance from trad district to other districts
- Khoa Saming District 16 kilometer.
- Leam Ngob District 17 kilometer.
- Bo Rai District 74 kilometer.
- Koh Chang district 27 kilometer.
- Koh Kood district 82 kilometer.
Welcome to Ferryadvice.
If you need further information, please feel free to contact us.
Tel : 063-863-6665 , ID line : ferryadvice2 ( 24 hrs.)